CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Why am I the tailgate goddess?

Maybe because my first outing as a baby was to a high school football game when I was a few weeks old. Maybe because I was a cheerleader. But I think the biggest reason is that I love a good party in the great outdoors and what better excuse for a party than football.



We love to tailgate for the Hoos at The University of Virginia. And some days the tailgating is the best part of the day. But football season is just too short. So we "tailgate' at the river, when we're kayaking, shooting skeet. Any excuse for a party!!



Enjoy the recipe and the other helpful hints I offer for tailgating year round.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some New Additions to the Tailgating Gear




Here are a few tailgating additions to the tailgating gear.

Corn Hole. I don't understand the popularity, but the guys love it and it keeps them busy. We made these boards using the plans from Corn Hole Game Players. I created the stencils to customize the boards using my Silhouette cutter. I think they turned out pretty cute.

The ice bucket I bought at Martha's Market last year. Martha's Market is a fundraiser held every October in C'ville to benefit the Breast Cancer program at Martha Jefferson Hospital. It's great shopping and goes for a really important cause.

Then there are the chairs which I embroidered. They came from Lowes on clearance. So super economical.

Hope you can add some of these ideas to your tailgate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment